Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Lie awake in bed at night, and think about your life; Do you want to be different?


It’s 12:03am*, I am tired as hell and yet here I am, huddled under a blanket and staring into the eerie glow of my laptop screen.

Why?

Because I told myself that I am going to post something every day, and I’m going to do it, gosh dang it! (Side note: Did I suddenly become a cowboy or something? Gosh dang it?)


When I first decided to start a blog, I thought it would be pretty easy. I write basically (ding!)** every day, so what difference does it make if I simply publish it on the internet?

Oh.

Oh.

Those may as well have been my famous last words.


As soon as my brain heard ‘publish’, it decided to take a leave of absence. ‘Screw this,’ I imagine it said as it threw its knapsack over its shoulder other section of brain; ‘I ain’t sticking ‘round to watch this happen!’ (Don’t be ridiculous; brains don’t have shoulders!) And so here I am, racking my now empty head for something to write that is worth of hitting that oh-so-glorious publish button. That little flashy cursor is mocking me as it hovers between my sentences, waiting to be put to use.

‘Go on,’ it’s saying, taunting me. ‘Write something.’

 
I wonder how my brain is getting along with its knapsack. What would a brain put in a knapsack, anyway?
 

So this is what happens when you go to bed at 4am, wake up at 8am, work all day (and somehow survive thanks to the glorious fuelling power of Sugarfree V), and STILL try to FOLLOW THAT DREAM.
But that’s what it comes down to, isn’t it? Following that dream. This right here, this is my dream. Well maybe not the exhausted-but-still-have-to-wake-up-in-the-morning-and-my-brain’s-not-working part, but the writing part. I want to be the kind of person who writes every single day of my life. I want to live and breathe words more than I already do. I want to create and inspire and motivate and…Write. Endlessly write. Yes, it’s going to be hard. Yes, it’s going to take work and commitment and dedication. Yes, there will be days where the only thing I am capable of putting into words is a barely-funny post about my brain’s lack of shoulders. But you know what? I’m ready. I can do this. I want to do this.

I need to do this.

And anyway…

“When you’re willing to walk the path of the dreamer, anything is possible.”

-Jared Leto

Everybody knows that the bridge between reality and dreams is work. And I’m willing…No, I’m ready. I’m ready to do the work.

 
 
 
 *This TOTALLY counts as on post on Tuesday
** ‘Basically’ count: 1
 
TITLE LYRICS: ‘A Beautiful Lie’ by Thirty Seconds To Mars
Any clues on that favourite band yet?? One post left to earn yourself a cookie