Sunday, 25 August 2013

I'm taking it slow, feeding my flame...Shuffling the cards of your game...

And just in time
In the right place,
Suddenly I will play my ace...

(I felt that was fitting for what is coming next :p)

We are only a few hundred words away from the end of my preview, so I am going to Drag. This. Out.

Sorry...Not sorry :p

Enjoy!

The next instalment of...HEAT.

As always, please comment and let me know what you think. Every time you read and don't comment, a baby fairy loses its wings. You don't want that now, do you?*



TITLE LYRICS: 'Eyes On Fire' by Blue Foundation
 
*I'm totally drunk on vegan red velvet cake, so forgive my shenanigans! 
 
 
 
If you need to get caught up, you can do it HERE.

 


CHAPTER TWO:
DREAMS (continued)
The day passed in a blur of strange faces and incomprehensible instructions. The fall semester had already begun, making transitioning into a new school even more difficult than it already would have been. Everyone was already secure in their classes and their friendships, making me an outsider in more ways than one. Snippets of the day played through my mind as I began the walk home in the afternoon, and I was overwhelmingly relieved I’d made it through the day without any more incidents like the one that morning. So far, at least, it didn’t seem like the other students were interested in me. No one had really spoken to me, and that suited me just fine. I couldn’t risk having friends. It wasn’t safe. I wasn’t safe to be around. I kicked a rock along the pavement as I walked, keeping my eyes on the ground. After a few minutes the hair on the back of my neck stood up and I turned around, acutely aware that someone was behind me.