Thursday, 3 October 2013

I LOVE PEOPLE.


This post is a MASSIVE SHOUT OUT to the Number 1 member* of #TeamGirlWithWords, @ALBAGALLEGO15! (No, that’s not actually a thing…But, DAMMIT, IT SHOULD BE :p)


The sweet, lovely, kind and WONDERFUL @Albagallego15 has taken it upon herself to make these INCREDIBLE flyers that she is posting around her school to promote my blog:

 
  

 


 Isn’t that AMAZING?? I am completely blown away.

 

Completely.

Blown.

Away.

 

 Now Alba is from Spain so the info is in Spanish, but she tells me it says ‘Attention Book Lovers: If you like reading or writing, then this blog is perfect for you!’ followed by my Blog address and Twitter handle.

 


It’s in her school!

 
Of course, given that I don’t read Spanish it COULD ACTUALLY say ‘This girl is bat-shit crazy and madly in love with Jared Leto (though not in a ‘I-want-to-marry-him’ kind of way :p) and you should do everything you can to AVOID her Blog and her Twitter account. RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY!**

 

BUUUUUUT I’m going to ahead and choose to LOVE PEOPLE instead of hate, and believe that she is telling me the truth :p Also she is a wonderful person, so I have no reason not to trust her!


Looking at those flyers, I honestly don’t even know what to say. The Girl With Words is wordless. (Yes that should be speechless but it doesn’t sound as poetic that way, does it now??) All I can really say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH. You well and truly ROCK MY SOCKS OFF.

 

 

See?! No socks!

 
There’s actually quite a few (and by a few I mean A LOT) of you out there who have been asking me how you can help support me in this crazy dream! You are all incredible, and I really do heart each and every one of you SO BIG. If you believe in me and want to support the cause (his words coming out of my mouth), here’s how you can do it:

 
·         Read! The best thing you can do for me is to read my blog. Read it and let me know what you think. That’s probably the most important part…I’m like Tinkerbell: I’ll die without applause :p No, that’s not true, but I do love to know what people are thinking when they read my work. Even if it’s negative! I can’t improve if I don’t receive any feedback, so please read and COMMENT :)

 
·         Follow me! A lot of you do follow my super-secret-I’m-not-mentioning-it-here Twitter account, but the ‘Offical’ #TeamGirlWithWords (That’s it, I am MAKING this a THING :p) Twitter account is @GirlWithWords. If you like my work, please follow me there, too :3

·       Follow me again! If you like my blog, please click the ‘Join This Site!’ button on the right side of the screen. That will take you to a login page, where you can choose how you would like to follow me. You DON’T need a blogger account to do this. I think most people would be most comfortable using their Twitter sign-in, but it’s completely up to you. If you have any problems, this may help:

 
https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/104226?hl=en

Alternatively, you can choose to subscribe to my blog via email. This will mean that you will get an email alert every time I post something new. Lucky you!

 
If you have any questions, please ask me. I’d love to help you.

 
·         Tell other people about me! Now you don’t have to go as far (or as AWESOME) as Alba, but you can do little things like Retweet my tweets about my posts, tweet links when you read something you like, or recommend my blog to your friends, neighbours, and uncle’s mother’s sister’s goats. Every little bit helps. Every page view and follower helps me be able to say to potential agents ‘Hey look, people already like me! They will TOTALLY buy my super awesome book about super awesome things if you agree to help me get it published!’ I’d just like to point out that I’ve set my web browsers NOT to track my page views, which means that the INCREDIBLE number shown on the bottom of this page is ALL YOU. YOU did that. And for that I LOVE YOU.

 
·         Love Jared Leto.  Okay, that one won’t exactly help me, but really, how could you NOT love him? Like really…How? Haha.

·         VyRT The MARS Bowl! Okay, again, this one won’t help me get published, BUT it will help me and thousands of others (you included!) watch The Hollywood Bowl LIVE on October 12 from around the world! (and I think I will cry for at least YEAR if I miss this). What’s VyRT, you ask?? WELL.

/Rolls up sleeves
/Pulls prepared speech from pocket
/Clears throat

 
VyRT is a SUPER AWESOME social media platform developed by Jared and the good people at The Hive and The Lab. It allows users to connect with their favourite bands on a level never before possible (and not JUST Mars, although why you’d care about other bands is beyond me :p …Kidding :p Mostly.) You can use it to:

·         VyRT (live stream) events such as CONCERTS, DOCUMENTARIES, MOVIES, SPECIAL DAYS and COOKING SHOWS from around the world (/laughs for a year because Cooking With Tomo :D) in the comfort of your own home. So far I have VyRTed five events, and I can honestly tell you that each one was truly fantastic. My only warning is that once it’s over you will get hit HARD with PVD (Post-VyRT Depression) for which the only cure is to VyRT again. Good thing they VyRT a lot!

·         Chat with other  people who have the same interests as you, including the actual members of your favourite bands;

·         Follow one another and build lasting relationships and friendships (and meet some of the best people on the planet in the process. I mean that.);

·         Watch and download exclusive content only available on VyRT, and;

·         Hang out with your favourite bands via webcam on VyRT Violet (FOR FREE!), which is probably the greatest invention ever. In fact there was a VyRT Violet just this morning with Jared and Tomo***. I’m yet to recover. Even typing that has sent me into uncontrollable fits of laughter because #DrunkOnVeganPancakes and #BananaPhone. I mean REALLY. #DEATHBYVYRTVIOLET.

 
So basically**** what I’m saying is…VyRT is awesome, and you should buy a ticket to VyRT the Hollywood Bowl. They need to sell 7,500 tickets to make it affordable to do this (and even then they will be losing money on this), so if you’re interested, click here. Tickets start from $14.99, and even if you can’t live stream the event because you’re busy or your internet sucks, you can purchase a download version to keep forever. Or you could be crazy obsessed like me and do BOTH!  Spread the word! #VyRTtheMARSbowl!


Hmm. I am unsure how this post suddenly became about Mars.

#30SecondsToRehab.

#ObsEchelon.

 

I am using A LOT of hashtags today! I must be drunk on vegan cupcakes.

/Actually dies from laughing so hard.

 


 
Can I just point out that I SAID THIS last month?? Right HERE.
 

Right, well this post has been derailed so I’m going to go watch today’s VyRT Violet again and laugh myself to sleep. I should point out that I have now been awake for THIRTY HOURS STRAIGHT, PEOPLE.

/Dies again because THIRTY. That wasn’t even planned!!

 


 

THANK YOU so much for your continued belief, support and encouragement. You all inspire me to FIGHT TO THE DEATH IN DEFENCE OF MY DREAMS every single day!

 

Xo

 

Ps, if you aren’t following @Albagallego15, YOU SHOULD BE. She is all kinds of AWESOME. THANK YOU again, beautiful :3

 

*Although as I type this a few other contenders come to mind! YOU ARE ALL SUPERSTARS.

 

** I’ll attack!

Run away, run away,

Go chase yourself!

Run away, run away, now,

I’ll attack, I’ll attack, I’ll aaa WHHHOOORRRAAALLLL!!!

 

Couldn’t resist :p

 

(If you don’t know what I’m talking about, these are lyrics from the song Attack by a band that’s-totally-not-Thirty-Seconds-To Mars called Okay-I-lied-it-is-Thirty-Seconds-To-Mars.

You should be used to this by now.)

 

***From the band Thirty Seconds To Mars. Just in case you’re a newbie :3

 

****DING! We’re up to five now. This has got to stop. Basically is possibly the world’s most useless word.