Tuesday, 25 March 2014

TODAY! TODAY! TODAY! OOO-WOAH-OH-OH

Today.
Today.
Today.
Today.
I can't believe this day has arrived. I can't believe I am just hours away from meeting the three people who have changed my life. Saved my life. Made the person I am today. Right now I'm sitting in my hotel room, just 3 hours away from checking in with Adventures In Wonderland in preparation for my Meet + Greet (for those of you who don't know, AIW is the company who makes all these VIP experiences possible. I love them). I honestly don't know how I feel. Happy. Joyful. Excited. Nervous as hell. Ready to cry (spoiler alert: I already cried today. Twice.) I can't believe this day has finally arrived. I've been waiting for this for almost a year (although it feels like a lifetime), and now here it is. This is the best day of my life, and it has only just begun.
I'm going to do my best to keep a diary about this time, and to share it with all of you. The dreamers. The believers. I know my blog is about my journey as a writer and about the pursuit of my dreams, but you have to understand, this is a crucial part of that. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Mars. I wouldn't believe in myself and my dreams. I wouldn't be capable of seeing the future in a positive light at all. It will be over-the-top and it will make some of you question my sanity, but you know what?? I don't care. I don't. This is who I really am inside, and I'm not going to be ashamed of that or embarrassed by how much I love "just a band". They're so far away from being "just a band" that it's actually laughable that people still think that. They are not just a band. They are my everything.
Yeah, I said it. I mean it.
On a technical note, I'm posting all these from my phone, so I can't link things and format things as I want to. I will make it pretty when I get home after the madness is over. I hope you'll still stick around and read these posts, even if they aren't formatted as I normally would.
Anyway. I don't know if I want to cry, die, or throw up. Or all three at once. I don't even know what my life is right now. All I know is I am about to jump and touch the sky, and I may never come back down.
Mars isn't coming.

Mars is here.
Title lyrics: 'Up In The Air' by Thirty Seconds To I Think I Might Pass Out.


You can read about all my adventures with Thirty Seconds To Mars on the Australian leg of the #LoveLustFaithDreamsTour HERE.