Tuesday, 24 February 2015

I had a dream I stood beneath an Orange Sky

It’s here.

Orange Sky is here.

I have to say, it is pretty freaking incredible that so many of you have been waiting for this and asking for this without knowing anything about it. I can’t thank you enough for your encouragement and support. You all inspire me more than I can even say. I had every intention to write a gushy ‘thank you for believing in me’ post after the end of Silent Scream, but to be honest, I was so caught up in writing Orange Sky that I couldn’t make other words happen. I get like that. Laser focus, which is both a blessing and a curse. But now Orange Sky is complete (at EIGHTY FOUR THOUSAND WORDS!) and so here is my gushy ‘thank you for believing in me’ post: Thank you so much for the faith. Thank you for all your tweets, DMs, emails, comments and messages. Thank you to everyone who shared links and encouraged other people to come and check out my blog. A special thank you to the people who became so involved in the story that they started tweeting me abuse over what was happening. I actually love that so much because I’m a weirdo and your reactions give me life. It is honestly so amazing to see how passionate some of you get and know that I caused that. Me. My words. It gets me all giddy and makes me look a little like this:





I once wrote a post about the difference between a writer and an author. Based on that post and how you all responded to Silent Scream, right now, in this moment, I feel like an author. Not a real author, but the closet I have ever been. And that is one of the greatest feelings I have ever experienced. So thank you for that. You guys are incredible and I heart each and every one of you. Thank you.


Now I’m not saying you have to read Silent Scream before you read Orange Sky, but I am saying that if you haven’t, you may be a little lost. Oop. Make of that what you will. I mean I’m not saying…But maybe I’m saying…You know what I’m saying? :p If you haven’t read it or would like a refresher course in what happened, you can find the entire story here.


As always, you are welcome to play #TakeAShotOfAlmondMilk by tweeting me @GirlWithWords when you see a reference to certain bands or certain people. What can I say; I have a problem. I doubt anything I ever write will be entirely free from almond milk. And you know what? I am completely okay with that :p


As with Silent Scream, the *** at the beginning of each section are music links. If you click on it, it will take you to the soundtrack for that chapter. I highly recommend you do because music is amazing and having a soundtrack adds to the pain. Yes I said pain. There will be pain. There will be blood.* It’s not ‘trigger warning’ dark, but it IS dark. You know me. Dark and twisty. Scary and damaged.


One more thing before I throw you all into the dark and twisty depths of my insane mind; I just want to say a huge thank you to my amazing beta readers @cortana02, @moon_cake1 and of course, my momz. You guys don’t even want to KNOW how neurotic and annoying I am, but these lovely ladies just accept my insanity and offer me excellent advice and encouragement. I heart you three so big.


Okay. Enough rambling. Orange Sky starts…Now.


TITLE LYRICS: ‘Orange Sky’ by Alexi Murdoch
*I had to. I did.